In Biblical times, it was a sacred responsibility to offer hospitality to strangers. Travelers were vulnerable people who also were sources of the latest news. By offering shelter and food, hosts could learn of the world outside their home or their village, and at the same time share their customs and faith. UniLu tries to continue that ancient tradition of sacred hospitality. In our world today, this can be incredibly challenging to live out and make a reality. We hope that you feel truly welcomed here.
- Genesis 18:20-32; Colossians 2:6-15 (16-19); Luke 11:1-13
- Lord’s Prayer, Albani Psalter, c.1120-c.1145
- Ecclesiastes 1:2, 12-14; 2:18-23; Colossians 3:1-11; Luke 12:13-21
- Miser, Margret Hofheinz-Döring, 1926
- Genesis 15:1-6; Hebrews 11:1-3, 8-16; Luke 12:32-40
- Educating the Rich on the Globe, Tom Otterness, 1997
TUESDAYS | 6.15 PM
A mid-week service held every Tuesday following the Feast Incarnate meal.
SUNDAY EVENING PRAYER—CHORAL COMPLINE
FOURTH SUNDAYS | 7.00 PM
A contemplative service held monthly throughout the academic year.
DAILY BIBLE READING