Worship is central to our life in God and our life together. These things we do and say turn us and center us to live a different kind of life: a life that is focused on serving God and serving neighbor.
From the ELCA: "Connected with and central to everything we do, worship unites us in celebration, engages us in thoughtful dialogue and helps us grow in faith. It grounds us in our Christian and Lutheran roots, while demonstrating practical relevance for today’s world."
For those of you who might feel lost during worship or do not understand why we do what we do: do not hesitate to ask someone sitting near you or ask the pastor questions after worship.
weekly worship times
Worship with Holy Communion
Sundays + 10.30 AM
Mid-Week Holy Communion
Tuesdays + 6.15 PM
28 MAY 2017 (SEVENTH SUNDAY OF EASTER)
- Blessings of Gardens and Fields: Dedication of Chestnut Street Garden to the glory of God and in loving memory of late UniLu member Jack Rothfuss
- Music: The Head That Once Was Crowned | Rise O Sun of Righteousness | Father, We Thank You | Litany of the Saints
Choral Music: Sing Joyfully | Ave Verum | Not One Sparrow is Forgotten
- Acts 1:6-14; 1 Peter 4:12-14; 5:6-11; John 17:1-11
- The Ascension, Peter Rogers, 1963
4 JUNE 2017 (DAY OF PENTECOST)
- New Member Sunday and potluck lunch after worship
- Our music will represent expressions from a variety of traditions: a Taizé chant, a polyphonic motet from the Renaissance, a work by the Estonian Orthodox contemporary composer Arvo Pärt, and ELW Setting 5, which is an adaptation of the ancient Gregorian chant Mass "Orbis Factor," as well as settings of the Kyrie and Agnus Dei from an African Mass.
- Acts 2:1-21; 1 Corinthians 12:3b-13; John 20:19-23
- Untitled - Pentecost, John Brokenshire, c. 2003
11 JUNE 2017 (THE HOLY TRINITY)
- For this final Sunday of the choir season, the University Lutheran Choir will be joined by special guests from the period instrument ensemble "Night Music." All of the choral music will be sacred works by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
- Genesis 1:1 - 2:4a; 2 Corinthians 13:11-13; Matthew 28:16-20
- The Most Holy Trinity, Master of the Votive Picture of Sankt Lambrecht, 1430
SEASONS OF THE CHURCH YEAR 2016-2017
Nov. 27, 2016 through Dec. 23, 2016
Dec. 24, 2016 through Jan. 6, 2017
Time after Epiphany
Jan. 7 2017 through Feb. 28, 2017
Mar. 1, 2017 through Apr. 12, 2017
The Three Days of Holy Week
Apr. 13, 2017 through Apr. 15, 2017
Apr. 16, 2017 through Jun. 10, 2017
Time after Pentecost
Jun. 11, 2017 through Nov. 26, 2017